$100,000 in 6 months (March-September)
This is an exciting time for Raintree Community Church. Nearly every ministry area in our church has been growing consistently for two years. With this spiritual and numerical growth comes increased needs. “EQUIP” is our attempt to meet several needs that will really help us to enable growth as we aim to fulfill our mission as a church!
Through one- time gifts and monthly giving, we hope to raise $100,000 in six months!
KIDS PLAYGROUND $25,000
- Permanently-fixed playground equipment for our growing Children’s Ministry and Parents Day Out program.
- Direct access to the playground from the building with double glass doors from the elevator wing directly into the playground area.
SANCTUARY UPGRADES $17,000 (Coming Soon!)
- Lighting updates for optimal visibility in entire sanctuary.
- Screen and projector updated to standard vide size (16×9).
CHURCH SIGN $13,000 (Complete!)
- Permanent church sign; we’ve been using a banner.
ROCKS FOR DRIVEWAY FLOWER BEDS $5,000 (Complete!)
- Permanent fix for what has been a problem with mulch run-off.
ADDITIONAL PARKING $40,000
- Parking for our growing congregation (20 cars currently parking in grass each week).
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- One-Time Gift: Pray about giving a one- time gift!
- Monthly Pledge: Pray about committing to give monthly for six months, March through August (or jumping in whenever you commit).
HOW TO GIVE
- You can go to click on the “Online Giving” button at the top of this page to contribute a one-time gift, and/or to set up your monthly pledge.
- Once logged in (and after clicking “Quick Give”), choose “EQUIP Campaign” as the Fund Option.
Cash or Check
- Give in person (clearly mark “EQUIP Campaign” on your check and/or envelope), or by mail: 101 SW Raintree Dr., Lee’s Summit, MO 64082.
WHY A CAMPAIGN NOW?
We just had the first full fiscal year with a comprehensive budget in a while, and are in the positive! This is a huge praise, as we were in a very different place only two years ago. Because of this, and because of consistent numerical growth, these upgrades and additions seem reasonable and needed.
WHAT IS OUR CHURCH MISSION?
Our church’s mission is “Guiding people to a Christ-centered Identity and Influence.”
HOW ARE THESE PARTICULAR EXPENSES CONNECTED TO FULFILLING OUR OVERALL MISSION AS A CHURCH?
These upgrades and additions will help us to continue striving to be a biblical church, especially as we grow numerically and have unique needs due to this growth.
HOW MUCH DEBT DO WE HAVE?
HOW MUCH LONGER UNTIL WE PAY IT OFF?
As of March of 2018, we have 7 years and 7 months left on our building note, a total of about $850,000.
CAN I JUST PUT MY TITHES TOWARD THIS CAMPAIGN?
We use general tithes and offering for our normal budget, including salaries and bills and ministries and missionaries. So we want to heavily encourage you not to give your normal tithe toward this campaign, and instead consider giving above and beyond your tithe toward these needs.