Omniscience Defined and Described
- God is “all-knowing.” God’s knowledge includes all things past, present, and future, all things immediately, simultaneously, exhaustively, and eternally. God never learns anything since His knowledge never comes through experience or imagination, nor is it acquired by a process of reasoning or observation. God’s knowledge is completely exhaustive.
Omniscience Displayed and Applied
- God’s Knowledge is Perfect (Job 37:5-6, 14-16)
- God’s Knowledge is Transcendent (Isaiah 40:28; Isaiah 55:6-11)
- God’s Knowledge is Exhaustive (Isaiah 46:8-10; Jeremiah 51:15; Hebrews 4:12-13)
- God’s Knowledge is Personal (Psalm 103:10-14; Psalm 139:1-6, 17-18; Psalm 147:1-5)