The Darkness of Sin’s Captivity (Is. 1:2-4; 8:5-22)
- God’s people had rebelled against the Lord and forsaken His ways (Is. 1:2-4)
- God’s people would soon be taken into captivity by the Assyrians (Is. 8:5-10)
- God would not leave them or break His covenant!
The Light of the Messiah’s Eternal Kingdom (Is. 7:14; 9:1-7)
- Even amid the darkest of days, the light of the Messiah was already shining!
- God had a plan to rescue His people through the Messiah (Is. 7:14)
- The identity of the Messiah is declared as the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. (Is. 9:6-7)
- Even amid the darkest of times, God’s rescue plan will not fail!