The Setting of God’s Promised Comfort (Is. 40:1-2)
- God’s message of renewing comfort comes in the midst of man’s sin and failure
- God’s message of renewing comfort is reinforced with compassion, reminding His people that God always keeps His promises
The Substance of God’s Promised Comfort (Is. 40:3-5)
- The promise of God’s renewing comfort is fulfilled in the promised Messiah
- The Messiah will come to accomplish God’s purpose and His glory will be revealed
The Sureness of God’s Promised Comfort (Is. 40:6-8)
- All of humanity will fade and die, but God’s Word endures forever
- The certainty of God’s promises rests on His faithful and enduring Word
The Spreading of God’s Promised Comfort (Is. 40:9-11)
- The Gospel message must not only be received and enjoyed, but shared and spread to others for the glory of God.
- The Gospel message brings us to a mighty Shepherd who carries us in His arms.