Text: Mark 1:1-11
The Gospel Appeared in a Person (1:1)
- Jesus is the Gospel message in the flesh
- He is the promised Messiah and the Son of God
The Gospel was Announced by a Messenger (1:2-8)
- John the Baptist was the prophesied forerunner to Jesus the Messiah.
- John the Baptist’s role was to prepare the way for Messiah through repentance, pointing all to Him.
The Gospel was Approved by God (1:9-11)
- In Jesus’ baptism, God the Father declared His approval of Jesus and the Gospel message He would proclaim
- In Jesus’ baptism, He identified Himself as the One who would be our substitute and endure God’s judgment for us.