Faith that Hears and Obeys God’s Word
1. Listen to the Word Openly (vs. 19-20)
- Be quick to hear – “I am eager to listen.”
- Be slow to speak – “I will not make excuses.”
- Be slow to anger: “I will not justify my disobedience.”
2. Receive the Word Humbly (vs. 21)
- Receiving the Word requires putting our sin away.
- Receiving the Word involves accepting it with meekness and realizing its ability to save our soul.
3. Obey the Word Persistently (vs. 22-25)
- A Hearer and a Doer start out the same way but end up in two different places.
- A Doer of the Word has a heart that has been changed by the Word
- Josiah and Jehoiakim: A Challenging Lesson in Responding to God’s Word (2 Kings 22:8-12; Jeremiah 36:1-3, 20-24)