Faith that is Pure in Word and Deed
1. Worthless Worship Declared: Uncontrolled Speech (vs. 26)
- When our worship is worthless, our untamed tongue will deceive us
- When our worship is pure, our untamed tongue will be under control
2. Pure Worship Displayed: Undefiled Service (vs. 27a)
- When our worship is pure, we will be compassionate to those in need
- Specifically, we will visit and serve orphans and widows in their affliction…just like our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Pure Worship Demonstrated: Unpolluted Living (vs. 27b)
- When our worship is pure, we will avoid being polluted by worldliness.