Text: John 20:1-31
The Powerful Witness of the Empty Tomb (20:1-10)
• The empty tomb confirmed all that Jesus had predicted concerning His death, burial, and resurrection.
The Personal Encounters with the Risen Lord (20:11-29)
• Jesus comforts Mary, the broken-hearted with His presence.
• Jesus dispels His disciples’ fears and deploys them on His mission
• Jesus draws out His disciples’ doubts and draws them to belief in His character
The Purposeful Aim of the Gospel Message (20:30-31)
- Everything about Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection was recorded so that we would believe it in our hearts.
- Once we believe in Jesus, we possess eternal life in His name.