Life Through the Spirit
- Freedom From Slavery (v.2)
- Former law, Mosaic law, was never meant to save us.
- Former law was meant to point to our need for a Savior.
2. Freedom From Condemnation (v.3)
- God knew the former law was unable to save us.
- In response, He sent His Son to us to do what the law could not do.
3. Freedom From Being Controlled (v.4)
- Because Christ is in us and we are in Christ, all of God’s requirements are fulfilled in us.
- We must live out who we are in Christ, not by doing good works in itself, but, by focusing on what God has done.
4. Freedom From Defeat (v.5-11)
- Paul is comparing the saved and the unsaved.
- One lives for the flesh and the other The Spirit.
- Living a life for the flesh is death.
- If you are unsaved, you are not battling sin.
- If you are fleshly, then you are trying to please yourself, not God.