Text: Psalm 42
God Satisfies the Thirsty Soul (42:1-4)
- We should long for God like a deer pants for flowing streams of water.
- We need to see God as our living hope and help amid our tears and doubts.
God Comforts the Distressed Soul (42:5-9)
- We can become distressed when we believe that God has abandoned us.
- We can easily become weighed down by constant trials.
- We can rest in God’s faithful love to meet us in our trials.
God Transforms the Troubled Soul (42:5, 9-11)
- We must anchor our hope to God’s faithful character by rehearsing God’s promises.
- Instead of listening to our hearts, we must speak truth to direct our hearts to God.