Text: Mark 2:1-12
The Tough Crowd that Came to See Jesus (2:1-2)
- The crowd is made up of Pharisees, Rabbis, and Scribes (Luke 5:17).
- Jesus continues His preaching of the Word (Gospel of the Kingdom)
The Real Faith that is Seen by Jesus (2:3-5)
- Jesus saw the active faith of the men who brought their friend to Him
- These men were determined to see Jesus and believed that He could heal their friend.
The True Forgiveness that is Granted by Jesus (2:6-12)
- Jesus displayed His divine authority in forgiving the sin of the paralytic.
- Jesus demonstrated His omniscient authority in calling out the Scribes for their lack of faith
- Jesus proved His divine power over sin by displaying His power over sin’s effects.