Text: Mark 2:13-17
The Gospel of Christ is Salvation to the Sinner (2:13-14, 17)
- Jesus preached the Gospel to sinners.
- Jesus called the most unlikely of candidates to follow Him.
The Gospel of Christ is an Offense to the Self-Righteous (2:15-17)
- The self-righteous cannot receive a Gospel that is founded on grace.
- Jesus reaches down to sinners on the street level of their lives, while the scribes sought to protect themselves from any potential contamination with sinners.
- We need to follow Jesus’ example of being a friend of sinners and pointing them to the Gospel.