Text: Mark 5:21-43
A Father’s Desperate Plea in the Face of Death (5:21-24)
- Jairus bows with desperation before Jesus and begs Him to save his daughter’s life.
- Jesus bends with compassion toward Jairus and walks with him.
A Woman’s Persistent Faith in the Wake of Disease (5:25-34)
- The unclean woman seeks after Jesus, believing that He can heal her.
- The unclean woman is healed by trusting in Jesus, not in touching Jesus’ garment.
- Gospel Glimpse: Jesus took all our uncleanness on Himself when He died on the cross for our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse us from all righteousness as we repent and believe.
The Messiah’s Faith-Building Power Over Disease and Death (5:35-43)
- Jairus is brought to the end of his hopes for his daughter’s healing.
- Jesus calls Jairus to believe in His ability, despite his fears and the circumstances.
- Jesus proves that He is Lord and our only hope in life and death.